1020 artifacts of Youkaichi Jikata Remain.
Some artifacts registered as important cultural assets
taken by Ogawa Tadahiro
- A large number of artifacts. Some of them were first found in Japan.
- In 2011,1020 artifacts from Youkaichi Jikata remain were registered as important cultural asset designated by Japanese Government. It's a rare case how large number of assets designated. Many excavated artifacts (count container box): clay artifacts: 4300 boxes, stone artifacts: 300boxes, wooden artifacts: 35000 artifacts. Komatsu Archaeological center keeps many artifacts in storage and repairs it.
Additionally, fish statues, which were made of wood and painted with red and black colors, a stone sword with wooden hilt were first found in Japan. Some of them are named “Komatsu-shiki-doki” and “Kudadama” (stone) etc.
Those are just precious remains of the Yayoi era.
- 【Youkaichi Jikata Remain】
Located in Hinode town (Komatsu). Since it was found in 1930, it has attracted as one of the main remains of Yayoi era in Hokuriku by an archaeology conference. After world war II, Doki (earthenware), which named.
“Kushimemon-doki” ware found by academic research and interpreted as representative artifacts “Kushimemon-doki”, which spreads “Komatsu” over the country.
When it promoted a town redemarcation project in 1993, it had excavated for 8 years. As a result, it was revealed that remains area was over ten thousand settlements and 100,000 artifacts were found. It shows that the networks for interregional interchange existed in the past history. Unearthed shrine tools, Magadama(made of Hisui) and Kudadama(made of Hekigyoku). Because, the Unearthed artifacts, it is thought that networks for interregional interchange agriculture tool.
It is seen as representative material, which is based remains of the Yayoi era in Hokuriku. 1020 artifacts were registered as important cultural asset designated by Japanese Government in 27th July 2011.
Haniwa excavated from Yatano Ejiri Mound.
The rare paired Haniwa: the person on horseback (master) and the horse guardian (servant).
- Haniwa pass on ancient’s prayer to us.
- It’s articles rank with Hokuriku's best in terms of both quality and quantity.
Looking pictures, the formative design very attracted. The description of a girl putting hair up prays, the states of a person putting on Magadama and putting up one hand, a person state with a crown, are attractive. In particular, combined Haniwa, which is a horse and person, is the first artifacts found in Japan, and has academic value. When a curator repaired it, she thought “ what is it doing “, and she try to put on it a horse. It is seemed those is one set, and it was revealed that Haniwa shrine existed in this area. Those are valuable cultural asset.
- Human-shaped Haniwa
You can know about ancient’s life style from Haniwa.
・Front right: a girl wearing Tasukigake-kesa
・2nd from front right: a boy wearing a hat
・Front left: a man armed with knives
・2nd from Front left：a man wearing Magadama
・Back right：a girl wearing kesa
・Back center : a coronate boy
・Back left：a kneeler man
- Round Haniwa and bell shaped Haniwa
- Haniwa of Yatano Ejiri remain is made by inverted technique. The front right side is called bell-shaped Haniwa, because looking from the top it looks like morning glory.
- 【Yatano Ejiri Remain)】
Located in Yatano town (Kasuga-chou,Komatsu). Researchers investigated in 1988. Although ancient tomb and burial mound have been lost, Many Haniwa were discovered in the remains of a ditch. At the same time, it was revealed that Zenpou-kouen-fun (keyhole-shaped tomb) was mound of the 30 meters.
Haniwa is a large clayware, which was decorated to hold to service for a departed soul around remains. Mainly Haniwa is circular, in the late Kofun period, various kinds of Haniwa were found.
The unearthed Haniwa of Yatano Ejiri remains:human Haniwa: 11, horse Haniwa:2, cylindrica Haniwa:47.
It is thought that a human and horse ware describe of funeral. There were registered as important cultural asset designated by Japanese Government in 1997. Its characteristics is not “Hajiki”(unglazed doki) but“Sueki”(earthen ware doki).
Komatsu Archaeological Center
- Komatsu Archaeological Center stores artifacts.
- Artifacts of Youkaichi Jikata remain and Yatano Ejiri remain , which were designated as important cultural asset designated by Japanese Government.
They stored in Komatsu Archaeological center. And, the one of “a person on horseback(master) and a horse guardian(servant)” is displayed. You can’t always see all items, but you can see during special event (kikakuten). Please call Komatsu Archaeological center
【Komatsu Archaeological Center event information】
|Komatsu old time exhibition, in April-July 2011||Komatsu Archaeological Center|
【opening hour】9:00～17:00 (entrance until 4:30pm)
【closing】every Wednesday (except national holidays）,the following day after a national holiday, 29th December - 3th January
【Entrance fee】free（exhibition fee: 100yan, under high school student :free,
a group over 20 person :one person 80yan）